Impressing a female shopaholic customer is a real challenge. If she is a shopaholic, she has already bought a large percentage of items that you have to show to her. She may have already visited a number of stores, which she may not be satisfied with, and that’s why she ended up in your store. So, what can be the effective ways to impress such a discerning customer? We’ll give you a few ideas.
- Virtually, every purchase that a shopaholic female makes is emotionally based. They usually do not buy what they need, but they purchase what they want or wish for. They buy things that give them a feeling of satisfaction and good mood. In every purchase that a female shopaholic makes, feelings and wants always trump over reasoning, needs and thoughts.
- Even if you are not distributing any free gifts to your customers, make your store an attractive place for your customers to visit. Give them good education, fun experience and great service, in addition to good quality products.
- A female shopaholic always looks for what you offer that no one else offers. If she does not find anything unique in your store, she may not come back to you again. So, try to create something unique in your products or services, emphasize on that unique selling proposition (USP), and see the difference.
- In addition to the quick, insincere ‘thank you’ while handing them the receipt, you can make them feel special by sending them a thank you card or making a phone call the next day. Ask her if she is happy with your service, and if she has any suggestions. This makes her feel that she is valued for her opinion.
- Try to open your store early once per week, or keep the store open till late twice a week. The idea is to be available when your customers want you. Try to adjust to their lifestyle.
- Female buyers often visit markets with their children and husbands. So, if you are a female related store, try to make the environment comfortable for children and men too. If she knows that her husband or children are having a good time in your store, there is a good chance they will stay in your store for more time, without having pressures from their children or husbands. You can do this by having a small play area in your store, or by keeping some business magazines inside.
Try to incorporate some of these ideas in your store, and see what difference you make in impressing shopaholic female buyers.